domingo, 11 de enero de 2009

A summer day

When I was 12 I was in the mountains spending my summer holidays at my cousins´house. We were spending the hot afternoon in a pond near the house. We were paddling in an old boat made from a tree to cross the water from one side to the other, we avoided to get near the intake gate a place that could have sucked us in very quick, it was thrilling to feel the fear about that. As we spent our time there I suddenly saw that the day was brighter than usual, all the leaves were greener and the sky seemed bluer. I felt suddenly the need to stay afar from the others and walked slowly barefoot on the ground. I felt a strange emotion of happiness and sadness, a feeling of belonging to the earth and to that place, a place I have always remembered and that I have never returned to again.

12 comentarios:

sue dijo...

a beautiful memory.

Amias dijo...

A memory worth sharing ... hope you have many more.

Deborah Godin dijo...

I enjoyed reading about your special memory; the experience was was familiar to me. I have one or two places where special moments like that occurred...and no matter how beautiful the spot may be, I haven't returned, wishing to preserve the singular beauty of it all. Thank you for you lovely words, which also triggered my own recollections!

SandyCarlson dijo...

You describe a magical moment of beautiful solitude. It will never return, and yet it is eternally yours.

anthonynorth dijo...

Nature can do that. The oneness is almost mystical.

zoya gautam dijo...

..dream like-a feeling so close to magic..

floreta dijo...

you DO feel so much more connected to the earth when walking barefoot.

WillThink4Wine dijo...

I had a summer like that once. I never got it back.

qualcosa di bello dijo...

these moments are rare, but so very lasting...they carry us a very long way

fourwindshaiga dijo...

A great memory. To actually feel the connection is wonderful.

Tumblewords: dijo...

A lovely memory - my 5-year-old great grandson often says to me as we watch home made videos of his years, 'Let's go back there, do it again!' I hope he comes up with a way to do just that!!

gmarie dijo...

I enjoyed your story...wonderful.
I think this type of thing just gets embedded within us-