sábado, 6 de febrero de 2010

A single drop - Una única gota






The cradle of the south awakes with the wind
he  greets me when he  arrives at my door,
the water announces its arrival with a single drop,
that is the beggining of raining  in the south,
I walk and  I can  see under a gray veil
the stones the trunks and the mint
shivering when feeling its fingers
at the compass of a  song that lingers
increasing little by little its pounding,
I suddenly feel like doing an embroidery
burning a fire waiting for its rattle-trap
under  an intimate atmosphere in the night















La cuna del sur con el viento se  despierta
y  me saluda cuando está en mi puerta,
el agua se anuncia con una única gota  leve,
ese es el comienzo cuando en el sur  llueve,
yo camino  bajo un velo gris y puedo ver
las piedras los troncos y la menta
que se estremecen  al sentir sus dedos
al compás de una  canción que permanece
aumentando de a poco el golpeteo,
siento ganas de iniciar un bordado,
de prender el fuego y esperar su carricoche
en un ambiente íntimo en la noche

14 comentarios:

Lorena dijo...

very lovely, befriending the weather. Weather and woodstoves make a nice couple. Nicely done

Anónimo dijo...

so nice to read..i really liked it..

anthonynorth dijo...

You captured the weather perfectly here.

Sherri B. dijo...

This was wonderful...

zoya gautam dijo...

.. so very good

lovely ..

SandyCarlson dijo...

Very, very beautiful. Wow.

Tumblewords: dijo...

A lovely read! Thank you!

Patti dijo...

very nicely done- I adore the last line~

Jim dijo...

I like this! The action intensifies then as suddenly as it started the calm appears with these words,
"I suddenly feel like doing an embroidery."

Perfect for our winter weather up here in the States. :)
..

geeta dijo...

loved reading your poem...

lissa dijo...

I feel there is some sort of unsettle sorrow there but also a bit of hope, perhaps there is an anticipation also of what's to come

Vinay Leo R. dijo...

splendid poem.. the picture also so inspiring..

thanks Sandra! :)

Obsidian Eagle dijo...

Salio mejor en Espanol, aunque no me sorprende. Tambien le sugiero que le quite una 'd' a la palabra cuna en Ingles.

Bonito blog!

Sandra.if dijo...

gracias Obsidian Eagle....I have a problem with double letters in english...:)